The entire Resort World Genting Casino complex (pictured) has been temporarily closed due to Malaysia’s national COVID-19 response measures, a message appears on the accommodation’s website.
The casino itself has been temporarily closed since Monday (May 24) last week due to so-called movement control orders issued by the national government to deal with the spread of COVID-19.
“Following the government’s announcement on a nationwide total lockdown, Resort World Genting will be temporarily closed until further notice,” the venue said in a Monday announcement
Essential resort-based services such as security, Bomba [fire services], utilities and clinics will continue to operate,” it added
Genting Malaysia Bhd is a promoter of Resorts World Genting, a facility located near the capital, Kuala Lumpur.
Brokerage Nomura said in a recent note that it had lowered Genting Malaysia’s 2021 revenue estimate by 17% due to COVID-19 related restrictions.
The agency now expects annual revenue in Genting Malaysia to be close to 5.25 billion yuan ($1.26 billion), down from its previous forecast of 6.32 billion yuan.
Last week, Genting Malaysia said the pandemic had also affected the resort’s work on new outdoor theme parks. 파워볼사이트
The company said it was “working” to complete the “third quarter of 2021” of the Genting Skyworld outdoor theme park.
In February, the company’s management said it was targeting the second quarter of this year for the launch of the theme park